Online privacy statement
What are Personal data?
According to the General Data Protection Regulation, personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
Why does GIS-Sofia Ltd collect and store personal data?
In order to provide you with all services from the company’s scope of activity, it is necessary for us to collect persona data for the following purposes:
- Customization of our clients and contractors, of the stakeholders – owners and/or bearers of other real rights on real estates;
- Establishment of a contact with you by phone, mail and/or e-mail for the purpose of correspondence related to performance of our obligations in the most correct, meticulous and satisfactory way under submitted applications, petitions and complaints, including through the feedback form on the company’s website;
- For all activities related to the occurrence, existence, modification and termination of our contractual relations, as well as to the collection of receivables ensuing therefrom – for preparation of any documents in this connection (contracts, supplementary agreements, any commercial, accounting and other documents);
- Protection of the legal rights and interests of the owners and bearers of limited real rights on the real estates – subjects of the cadastre, related to the inviolability of their belonging to the right of ownership in a procedure of preparation of a Cadastral map and cadastral registers (CMCR) or projects for modification of CMCR in connection with the maintenance of its updated status;
- In the Vocational Training Centre (VTC) at GIS-Sofia Ltd, trainees’ personal data are collected for the purpose of most correct service of all legal and statutory needs and organizational activities accompanying the whole process of training and the final results thereof;
A number of the above goals are expressly preconditioned from the statutory requirements and directions of: the EU law; the international contracts to which the Republic of Bulgaria is a party; the Accountancy Act; the Tax and Social Security Procedure Code; the Ownership Act; the Cadastre and Property Register Act; the Geodesy and Cartography Act; the Spatial Development Act; the Act on ownership and the use of agricultural lands and the regulation for its application; the Legacy Act; the Civic Status Act; the Electronic Document and Electronic Signature Act; the Commercial Act; the Customer Protection Act; the Act on the Access to Public Information; the Vocational Education and Training Act; Ordinance No: 8/11 August 2016 on the Information and Documents for the System of the Pre-school and School Education; Ordinance No: 2 of 22 June 2018 on the Documents for Vocational Training of Persons over the Age of 16; Compliance with the requirements of international classifications of standardization, such as ISO 9001:2015, etc., as well as all statutory provisions related thereto.
We guarantee that the information we collect and use, is necessary for the above objectives and is not used for the purpose of misuse and intrusion in your personal space.
For the purpose of communication with advertising and marketing intentions, GIS-Sofia Ltd will additionally ask for your consent.
Would you redirect or share my personal data with other organizations or persons?
We will not transfer your data to third parties or deliver them in order to obtain some type of benefit.
Recipients of your data could be state or municipal bodies to whom we provide them under specific and clear statutory requirements.
How would you store and keep my personal data which you collect?
GIS-Sofia Ltd will process (collect, store and use) the information provided by you in a manner, compatible with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will try to keep the information accurate and updated.
We will not store the information about you longer than it is reasonable for the achievement of the specific purposes for which it has been collected and which you have been notified of.
Some of the timelines for storage of information depend on legal obligations for safekeeping of documents and information within specific time periods.
We will adopt all foreseenable technical and organizational measures in order to ensure protection of your data against unauthorized access, including the following:
- The physical access to premises processing personal data, is based on a limited physical access (on the basis of locking systems and mechanisms) to the areas within the site with restricted access, including those located in the communication information systems.
- All documents on a hard copy, containing personal data, are set in cabinets which are locked in the premises with restricted access.
- The access to the systems processing personal data electronically – local computers, communication and information systems – network and peripheral communication devices, specially developed and installed software products (system and user software); the Geographic information system of the cadastral and site development plans of Sofia Municipality “SOFCAR” is restricted by means of unique user identifiers and passwords.
Can I find out what are my personal data that are possessed and processed by your?
At your request GIS-Sofia Ltd is obliged to answer you what information we store about you and how it is processed.
- In case we have your personal data, you can request the following information:
- Contact data of the Data protection officer;
- The purposes of the processing;
- The legal grounds of the processing;
- The relevant categories of personal data that are being processed;
- The recipients or categories of recipients to whom the data have been or will be disclosed;
- If the processing is based on the statutory interests of GIS-Sofia Ltd or a third party, information about such interests;
- The term for which the personal data will be stored;
- Details about your rights to request correction or deletion of personal data or restriction of the processing of personal data, as well as how to file an objection against such processing;
- Information about your right to withdraw your consent at any time;
- Details about your right to file a complaint to a supervisory body;
- Information whether the provision of personal data is a mandatory or contractual requirement or a requirement necessary for the entry into a contract, and whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of the inability to provide such data;
- The source from which your personal data have been collected in the cases when they have not been collected directly from you;
- All details and information about the availability of an automated process of decision making, such as profiling and any meaningful information about the relevant logic of such operations and the meaning and the expected consequences of such processing.
How can I gain access to my data which are being processed?
You need to file a request for access under a template, which you can obtain on cash desks No: 1 and No: 2 on the ground floor in the company’s office.
In order to verify your identity, you would need to present an identification document and to fill in your: full name, Personal ID/Foreigner’s ID number, customer number, permanent/ current address, telephone number, e-mail, description of the request, preferred form of provision of access to personal data (oral / written), signature, date of submission of the application by an authorized person and notarized power of attorney.
Location: 5, Serdika Str., Floor 5, Sofia 1000
Telephone: + 359 2 923 82 80; + 359 2 930 79 21
You can contact our data protection officer directly from here:
Telephone: +359 88 843 47 88
You can read more about how and why we use your personal data here: